- Highly skilled and dedicated teachers and support staff.
- We work with a range of professionals who work with the faculty to ensure that every student is nurtured, kept motivated and always has a first port of call for any concerns.
- Our lessons are well structured and tailored to each student’s individual needs.
In our well resourced department pupils are supported in a various ways to achieve their full potential:
- Literacy groups
- Numeracy groups
- Social skills sessions
- Speech and Language sessions
- One to one
- In class support
- Curriculum support
- Specialist assessments
- After school homework club
- Interactive software such as Lexia, Number/ Word shark, Nessy, Kar2ouche
- Exam arrangements
CoPE – Certificate of Personnel Effectiveness
- Pupils develop a wide range of personal qualities and abilities. CoPE recognises the achievements of young people, as well as introducing them to new activities and challenges.
- By building a Portfolio of Evidence as they complete various challenges, students must demonstrate competence at Level 1 or 2 in the following skills: Introduction to Working with Others, Introduction to Improving own Learning and Performance, Introduction to Problem Solving, Planning and Carrying out a Piece of Research, Communication through Discussion and Planning and Giving an Oral Presentation.
ENGLISH AS AN ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE
- In the EMTAS OPTION pupils get extra support with their coursework in core subjects in order to achieve the best possible GCSE grades.
- AQA Preparation for Working Life This course is designed to encourage students to play an active role as a member of society and to understand the world of work. Students achieve Level 1 or Level 2 equivalent to GCSE grades.
Pupils are supported in a variety of ways to achieve their full potential through reading clubs, homework clubs, in class support, induction sessions, mentoring and partnership teaching.
What trips do we offer
- Neasden Temple
- Explore London
- Explore local green spaces
- The Tricycle Theatre
- A variety of activities and trips for gifted and talented pupils
- Next >>