Examination results 2012
KS4: GCSE Business 100% A*- G, 45% A-C.
A2 GCE Applied Business (Single) 94% A-E and 50%A-C .44% above and 44% on ALPS Target respectively.
A2 GCE Applied Business ( Double) 100% A-E and 56% A-C .13% above and 75% on ALPS Target respectively. A2 Accounting 100% A-E and 75% A-C.
Health and Social Care (Level 2} achieved 50% merit and above and 100%Pass rate
Media (Level 3 A2) achieved 100 % merit and above.
We have a firm commitment to the teaching and learning of vocational subjects. We aim to provide the best learning environment with a full range of teaching methods. Lessons are always exciting and challenging. Our faculty run vocational and business visits to reputable organisations as well as running various Enterprise Projects and programmes with sponsorship from local businesses.
KS4 students complete end of unit exam tests (AQA) to assess their level and progress
KS5 students complete end of unit coursework and exams (AQA) to assess their level and progress.
TRIPS AND VISITS
The Vocational Education Faculty regularly offers trips to the Coca Cola, McVities and banks in the city among others.
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP
Information and links for parents are on the Vocational Education Faculty section of the Crest Girls Academy Website http://www.thecrestgirlsacademy.org.uk
- Ms R. Kupoluyi (Assistant Director Vocational Education)
- Ms F. Maniar (Deputy Assistant Director Vocational Education (ICT) / Teacher in charge of Food Technology and Literacy across Voc ED)
- Ms E. Azmandian (Teacher of ICT)
- Ms F. Riaz (Teacher of Food Technology)
- Ms M. Appah (CGA Head of Well Being (KS4) + Subject Leader for Health and Social Care + Behaviour panel and JLT)
- Ms Z. Odgers (Teacher in charge of Ecomomics + Enterprise co-ordinator)
- Mr H. Robinson (Teacher in charge of Accounting)
- Ms M. Patel (Teacher of ICT + NQT co-ordinator)
- Mr J. Obeng (Teacher of Business)
- Ms N. Aldridge (Teacher of Health and Social Care)